Welcome to Whispir.io
Built by developers, for developers, Whispir is the place where you can easily build communications into your app – SMS, email, voice & conference calls, push notifications, chat, social media, & rich messaging.
Whispir offers RESTful APIs that can easily be used to communications enable your applications.
Building a server side application to manage communication flows, sync contact information or manage events? Check out Whispir’s Platform API.
Building a mobile client to receive push notifications or manage chats between users or HQ? Check out Whispir’s Mobile API.
Whispir’s Platform API
Whispir’s Platform API provides a series of endpoints that allow users to easily build communications into any application.
Sending cross-channel communications is easy with Whispir’s
/messages endpoint allowing users to send over 8 different channels.
Read more below, or check out the documentation here.
Whispir.io’s Communications API gives developers the ability to:
- Create, send and retrieve multi-channel messages over 8 different channels.
- Invoke scenario based communications for quick, effective and targeted communications.
- Use callbacks to asynchronously receive all replies to messages and perform analysis on the data.
Communications Template API
The Whispir.io Template API gives developers the ability to:
- Create rich, cross-channel message templates that can be managed by designers within the Whispir Rich Message Studio.
- Ensure a DRY (don’t repeat yourself) pattern within developer code by separating the communication content from code.
- Reduce code change by managing content elsewhere.
Event Management API
The Whispir.io API Event Management API provides developers with the tools needed to manage the communication around events that happen:
- When events occur in your organisation, manage them using Whispir.io.
- Save different event details; Severity, Priority, Description and Tasks to ensure a path to a seamless resolution.
- Automatically inform teams through Whispir’s integrated cross-channel messaging, ensuring that you know who has received the message, and more importantly; who hasn’t.
Contact Management API
The Whispir.io API provides developers with the ability to manage the recipients of their messages:
- Store contact information in a cloud based highly available and accessible environment.
- Use standards based methods to create, update, and delete contact information.
- Build forms to allow contacts to self-register and manage their account, with auto-generated email notifications.
- Create, update and delete distribution lists that can be accessed for messaging at a later date.
Whispir’s Mobile API
Whispir’s Mobile API has been designed for use in native mobile applications to easily allow users to build and manage a mobile inbox.
Business users can use the Whispir Platform or Platform API to trigger communications, and the Mobile API can be used to easily receive, search, sort and manage the communications on the client side app.
Authentication, Device Management, Message Management, Chats (text and image) and Avatars are all taken care of using Whispir’s Mobile API.
Whispir’s Mobile API is currently accepting use cases and expressions of interest. The documentation will be available shortly (expected May 2016). If you want to sign up for early access please contact us.
Authors and Contributors
Having trouble? Contact our friendly support team and we’ll help you sort it out.